James Scott, interview with Michael Fairman, June 18, 2010

  • James Scott: Alison is just wonderful. I can’t think of a better way to spend your time than kissing Alison Sweeney. It’s just a perfect way to spend an afternoon. And if things do go south, then that will be the one thing I will miss most.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Days of Our Lives Molly Burnett Confirms Exit

It's a sad day for all Melanie Jonas fans and for Days of Our Lives in general. Molly Burnett (Melanie) has confirmed she will be leaving Days of Our Lives when her contract expires in June. Read the exclusive Digest interview here. "Going in, I knew it was a four-year contract and look, it's been the most amazing experience. I look at it as four years of the best training any actor could have ever been given," she told the magazine. 

**updated to include last airdate for Molly Burnett is September 27, 2012.

With Melanie leaving I feel the already weak 20-something crowd in Salem is even weaker which doesn't bode well for Days of Our Lives if they want to appeal to the highly coveted 18-49 age group. What do you think? Do you feel DOOL made a mistake by not resigning Molly Burnett or are you glad to see her go?

13 comments:

  1. I hate the Melanie/Chad storyline. I am bored with them. I think Chad is a terrible actor and i think he is gay in real life. Terrible chemistry between the two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You couldn't be more wrong. They have been dating for four years outside of the show and he is NOT gay and them 2 are 2 of the best actors on Days.

      Delete
    2. Talk about someone being more wrong, just because 2 people are dating that doesn't mean 1 of them isn't gay. If you really think that either of these 2 ratings drains are good actors, then you have absolutely no taste at all.

      Delete
  2. I love Molly/Melanie, I think she is one of the better actors. I don't see the Chad, Melanie aspect (although I hear they are a real life couple???) But other than Arianne/Nicole, she is the best female actor on the show...however that being said, there doesn't seem to be much of a storyline for her now with the new writers....I hope she is setting her sites for real movies and tv. She is a gifted actress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like her too. I think that Days is doing a disservice to the younger fans by constantly removing the younger crowd from Days and replacing them with older actors. I know quite a few teenagers who declare Melanie to be their favorite character. They aren't gonna be happy about this.

    LOL about Chad (Casey Deidrick) being gay in real life. I believe Casey and Molly are a real life couple. I think that makes him decidedly not gay. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Again, just because he's dating the rat-face in real life doesn't make him straight. How many politicians that are married with children have come out as gay lately? Or can you not count that high since you don't have any brains/taste, clearly.

      Delete
  4. I love Melanie...I think her character is adorable and good for the show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. she shoudn't leave i am going to be lost with out her :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think letting Molly/Melanie leave Days is one of the worst things. Molly/Melanie is the best actress on the show and I absolutely LOVE Chad and Melanie together. I hope they have a long, happy, healthy life together outside of the show. Please get her back... PLEASE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love molly...she is funny and a breath of fresh air..ya never know what she sgonna say or do next, she redeemed her character and has only grown stronger each time someone hurt her and really come into her own..and deserves some happniess..if she must leave,. let her do it happily ...will miss her character....he rlaugh is totally infectious

    ReplyDelete
  8. Am I the only one who thinks Molly Burnett is a bad actress? She acts like a five-year-old and talks babyish - her character is supposed to be a grown woman!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, Cristina. I love Molly. I think she's adorable and does a good job playing Melanie. I'm gonna miss her. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. The show will not be the same without Molly/Melanie. It's a bad decision by DOOL staff to let her go.

    ReplyDelete